NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Pilot Flying J Professional Drivers Appreciation Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Pilot Travel Centers LLC, 5508 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909 (“Sponsor”) and is administered by PrizeLogic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Rd., Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033 (“Administrator”).
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 24, 2018 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes will consist of the following thirty-eight (38) separate daily entry periods (each an “Entry Period”):
Non-winning entries will carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods. The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and have Pilot Flying J Professional Driver MyRewards® Loyalty Program cards (“MyRewards Card”). An entrant may visit https://pilotflyingj.com/rewards for information on how to obtain a MyRewards Card, at no cost. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s e-mail address will be the e-mail address associated with an entrant’s MyRewards Card account. Entrants will not be allowed to change their e-mail addresses.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are three (3) ways to enter:
A. Use a MyRewards Card: An eligible entrant may use his/her MyRewards Card to purchase fuel from a Diesel commercial fueling island at a participating Pilot Flying J location to receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period. By using the MyRewards Card to make a fuel purchase from a Diesel commercial fueling island at a participating Pilot Flying J location during an Entry Period, each entrant hereby agrees to these Official Rules.
B. Mail-In Entry without a purchase: To enter without a purchase, an eligible entrant may hand-write his/her complete name (no initials), MyRewards Card account number, valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) on a 3½”x5” card (“Mail-In Entry”) and mail it in a business sized envelope with sufficient postage to: Pilot Flying J Professional Drivers Appreciation Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. A Mail-In Entry will be entered into the drawing for the Entry Period corresponding to the Mail-In Entry postmark date and must be received prior to the applicable Drawing Date in order to be eligible (Mail-In Entries received after the applicable Drawing Date will be entered into subsequent Entry Periods, if possible). Mail-In Entries must be legibly hand-written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due, and Mail-In Entries sent in excess of the entry limits set forth below will not be accepted. Mail-In Entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid entries.
C. Promotion Code: An eligible entrant may visit myrewards.pilotflyingj.com, log in to or create a MyRewards account, and follow the instructions to enter the promo code “THANKYOU2018” to receive twenty-five (25) entries into the applicable Entry Period (note: an entrant may make a Professional Diesel Purchase at a Pilot Flying J location and locate this promo code on his/her receipt or may visit Pilot Flying J’s social media channels and locate this promo code in a Pilot Flying J social media post). An eligible entrant may only use this entry method one (1) time for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
Entry Limits: Limit of five (5) entries per person/MyRewards Card account per Entry Period via MyRewards Card purchase (Section 3A above) and Mail-In Entry (Section 3B above), regardless of which method used. Limit twenty-five (25) total entries (one  time entering the promo code) per person/MyRewards Card account via promotion code (Section 3C above). If more than five (5) entries are received from the same person or MyRewards Card account in an Entry Period via methods 3A and 3B, only the first five (5) entries received will be considered valid.
4. Random Drawings: On or about each Drawing Date for Entry Periods 1 – 30 listed in Section 1, the Administrator will randomly select eleven (11) potential grand prize winners, twenty-one (21) potential first prize winners, forty-six (46) potential second prize winners, seventy-one (71) potential third prize winners, and one thousand nine hundred ninety-eight (1,990) potential fourth prize winners from all eligible entries received in the applicable Entry Period. On or about each Drawing Date for Entry Periods 31 – 38 listed in Section 1, the Administrator will randomly select fifteen (15) potential grand prize winners, fifteen (15) potential first prize winners, fifteen (15) potential second prize winners, fifteen (15) potential third prize winners, and fifteen (15) potential fourth prize winners from all eligible entries received in the applicable Entry Period. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”), and Odds of Winning:
A. Grand Prizes (450 total; 11 each per Entry Periods 1-30 and 15 each per Entry Periods 31-38): The grand prize is fifty thousand (50,000) MyRewards Points to be loaded onto the winner’s MyRewards Card (“Grand Prize”). Four hundred fifty (450) Grand Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $500.
B. First Prizes (750 total; 21 each per Entry Periods 1-30 and 15 each per Entry Periods 31-38): The first prize is ten thousand (10,000) MyRewards Points to be loaded onto the winner’s MyRewards Card (“First Prize”). Seven hundred fifty (750) First Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of each First Prize is $100.
C. Second Prizes (1,500 total; 46 each per Entry Periods 1-30 and 15 each per Entry Periods 31-38): The second prize is five thousand (5,000) MyRewards Points to be loaded onto the winner’s MyRewards Card (“Second Prize”). One thousand five hundred (1,500) Second Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of each Second Prize is $50.
D. Third Prizes (2,250 total; 71 each per Entry Periods 1-30 and 15 each per Entry Periods 31-38): The third prize is two thousand five hundred (2,500) MyRewards Points to be loaded onto the winner’s MyRewards Card (“Third Prize”). Two thousand two hundred fifty (2,250) Third Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of each Third Prize is $25.
E. Fourth Prizes (60,060 total; 1,998 each per Entry Periods 1-30 and 15 each per Entry Periods 31-38): The fourth prize is one thousand (1,000) MyRewards Points to be loaded onto the winner’s MyRewards Card (“Fourth Prize”). Sixty thousand sixty (60,060) Fourth Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of each Fourth Prize is $10.
F. ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $1,031,850.
G. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during each Entry Period.
H. General Conditions: There is a limit of one (1) prize per person/MyRewards Card account per Entry Period. MyRewards Points are subject to all terms and conditions set forth by the issuer, available at https://portal.pilotflyingj.com/myrewards/terms-and-conditions.
6. How to Claim a Prize: Receiving a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each winner will receive his/her MyRewards Points automatically loaded onto his/her MyRewards Card approximately one (1) to two (2) days after the applicable Random Drawing. A winner must have his/her MyRewards Card active and in good standing to receive a prize. If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept a prize, the prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason. Any winner who receives greater than $600 worth of total prizes in the Sweepstakes will be required to provide his/her social security number to Sponsor; Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC to such winner. Failure to provide social security number may result in withdrawal of the prize(s).
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize; or (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of the entrant’s privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (g) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant. The foregoing release and hold harmless agreement is applicable even if any of the listed claims and/or causes of action are caused, in whole or in part, by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission of any of the Released Parties.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
9. PRIVACY: Privacy of entrants’ information is governed by the MyRewards Card Terms and Conditions, available at https://pilotflyingj.com/terms-and-conditions/ and https://portal.pilotflyingj.com/myrewards/terms-and-conditions.
10. Publicity Rights: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising, and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. General: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once or to obtain more than one MyRewards Card using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the MyRewards Card associated with such entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. Winners List: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, - Pilot Flying J Professional Drivers Appreciation Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winner List requests must be received no later than November 30, 2018.
© 2018 Pilot Travel Centers LLC