NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Tailgating Just Got Cooler Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Pilot Travel Centers LLC, 5508 Lonas Drive, Knoxville, TN 37909 (“Sponsor”) and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Rd., Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033 (“Administrator”).
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2018 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 1, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”), but will only be open during the entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”), as described below. The Sweepstakes Period consists of two (2) separate phases (each, a “Phase”) and fourteen separate (14) Entry Periods. Phase 1 includes Entry Periods 1 – 10 and Phase 2 includes Entry Periods 11 – 14. The Phases and Entry Periods are as follows:
Only entries received during Phase 1 will be eligible for the grand prize drawing. Non-winning entries will not carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods. The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: During an Entry Period, there are two (2) ways to enter:
A. Text Message: Using an SMS-enabled mobile device, an entrant must send a text message to the short code 30311 (“Short Code”) stating a keyword publicized by Sponsor at the Sponsor tent at a participating Sponsor event during each Entry Period (“Keyword”). Once the text message is received, the entrant will be sent a reply text message asking the entrant to submit his/her e-mail address. Upon receipt of a valid e-mail address and Keyword, an entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period (“Text Message Entry”). Only Text Message Entries to the Short Code with a valid Keyword and e-mail address will be accepted as a valid Text Message Entry. See Section 6 (“How to Claim a Prize”) regarding how potential winners will be notified. NOTE: Proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of the text message. Message and data rates may apply for each text message sent or received. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entrants should consult their wireless providers’ pricing plans. By texting the Keyword to the Short Code, you provide to the Sponsor and Administrator your express written consent for you to receive text messages using automated technology in response to your entry related to the Sweepstakes. Consent to receive text messages is not required or a condition of any purchase. An entrant may, at any time, choose to stop participating in this Sweepstakes by sending an opt-out text message stating “STOP” to the Short Code. If an entrant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the word “HELP” to the Short Code. Each Text Message Entry must be manually key-stroked/entered by the entrant.
B. Entry Form: An entrant may visit Sponsor’s tent at a participating Sponsor event, complete an entrant form (including, without limitation, complete name (no initials), valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, and date of birth), and return it to a Sponsor representative to receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period.
Limit: Regardless of method of entry, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Entry Period. If an entrant attempts to enter more than once per Entry Period, all entries after the first entry will be invalid.
4. Random Drawings: On or about each Drawing Date for Entry Periods 1 – 13 listed in Section 1, the Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential Entry Period prize winner from all entries received during the applicable Entry Period. On or about December 3, 2018, the Administrator will randomly select two (2) potential Entry Period prize winners from all entries received during Entry Period 14. On November 5, 2018, the Administrator will randomly select four (4) potential Grand Prize winners from all entries received during Phase 1 (Entry Periods 1 – 10). Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”), and Odds of Winning:
A. Grand Prizes (4): Each grand prize (“Grand Prize”) is a trip for a Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to attend the Southeastern Conference (“SEC”) Football Championship Game in Atlanta, Georgia on December 1, 2018 (the “Game”). The Grand Prize includes:
(i) round-trip coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia located near the winner’s residence;
(ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations (single room, double occupancy) at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
(iii) two (2) tickets to the Game;
(iv) a $1,000 check made payable to Grand Prize winner;
(v) an SEC behind-the-scenes tour;
(vi) two (2) tickets to the coaches’ luncheon; and
(vii) two (2) tickets to the legends dinner.
If a Grand Prize winner resides within 100 miles of Atlanta, Georgia, ground transportation may be substituted in lieu of air transportation in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
A Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must attend the Game as condition of accepting a Grand Prize.
Each Grand Prize winner and guest will depart on Friday, November 30, 2018 to Atlanta, Georgia, and return on Sunday, December 2, 2018. Each winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Each Grand Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any desired or necessary travel documents (including without limitation a valid government-issued photographic identification).
All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and provider’s approval. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each Grand Prize winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or be the minor child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. Each guest (or if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian on the minor’s behalf) will be required to complete and return a Liability & Publicity Release prior to hotel booking.
Each Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, ground transportation, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in a Grand Prize. Each winner and his/her guest(s) hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of a Grand Prize.
Each Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon check-in and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All hotel accommodations and booking arrangements will be administered by Sponsor’s authorized designee.
If the Game is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason whatsoever, a winner will not be reimbursed for that portion of the Grand Prize. Tickets are awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to a winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke a winner’s license, and may result in the Grand Prize not being honored. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or guest if such winner and/or guest violates the previous restrictions or engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Game.
The Grand Prize’s actual value of the trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $4,570. The total ARV of all Grand Prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $18,280. No more than four (4) Grand Prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes.
B. Entry Period Prizes (15 total; 1 each for Entry Periods 1 – 13 and 2 for Entry Period 14): Each Entry Period prize (“Entry Period Prize”) includes a 26-quart ORCA collegiate cooler in the SEC school of the winner’s choice (except for the Entry Period 14 Entry Period Prizes), a stainless steel ORCA rocket 2-in-1 koozie, and Pilot Flying J branded gear (including, but not limited to, picnic bag, t-shirt, fleece, PhilMor mug, and PhilBrrr mug). For Entry Period 1 – 13 Entry Period Prizes, election of SEC school for the cooler is subject to availability; a winner will be contacted by Sponsor’s designee to choose. For Entry Period 14 Entry Period Prizes, coolers will be determined based on the teams playing in the SEC Football Championship Game and the Keywords used by winners. All gear item sizes and styles are subject to Sponsor’s discretion. The ARV of each Entry Period Prize is $404.98. The total ARV of all Entry Period Prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $6,074.70. No more than fifteen (15) Entry Period Prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes (one  each for Entry Periods 1 – 13 and two  for Entry Period 14).
C. Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $24,354.70.
D. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during Phase 1. The odds of winning an Entry Period Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
E. General: In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Entry Period Prize per person/household. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or a portion of a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for any prize won. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely a winner’s responsibility. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. If after a good-faith attempt Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
6. How to Claim a Prize: Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner will be notified via e-mail or phone call at the e-mail address or phone number provided at entry and must respond within forty-eight (48) hours from the time of the first attempted notification or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and/or awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release, and IRS form W-9 including his/her Social Security Number and any other requested documents (the “Documents”) within forty-eight (48) hours from the time of the first attempted notification or the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and/or awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and signed documents (if applicable) within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a prize, and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. Each potential Grand Prize winner and guest may be subject to a background check before a Grand Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential Grand Prize winner/guest based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Grand Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Upon verification, each Grand Prize winner will be contacted for travel arrangements and each Entry Period Prize will be mailed to an Entry Period Prize winner. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, the prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received during Phase I for a Grand Prize or during the applicable Entry Period for an Entry Period Prize, time permitting. Prizes re not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of each Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC to each Grand Prize winner.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize; or (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of the entrant’s privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (g) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant. The foregoing release and hold harmless agreement is applicable even if any of the listed claims and/or causes of action are caused, in whole or in part, by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission of any of the Released Parties.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. Publicity Rights: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. General: This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification, and if such person is selected as a potential winner, revocation of his/her prize. If it is discovered or suspected that a person has registered, entered or attempted to register or receive entries using multiple e-mail addresses, identities, IP addresses, or use of proxy servers or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive and such prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or phone number by an Internet access provider, online service provider, telecommunications company, or other organization (g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or phone numbers for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or phone number. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. Winners List: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, - Tailgating Just Got Cooler Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winner List requests must be received no later than March 4, 2019.
© 2018 Pilot Travel Centers LLC